SHINETOWN TELECOM TERMS & CONDITIONS
ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. USING THIS WEBSITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS (“TERMS”), DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
Definition and Interpretation
- “Shinetown Telecom” shall mean Shinetown Telecom (S) Pte Ltd.
- “Customer” shall mean individual or company that applying for services or visitng our website.
Use of Site
- Shinetown Telecom authorizes you to view and download the materials at this website (“Site”) only for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copies of the materials. You may not modify the materials at this Site in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose.
- Any use of these materials on any other website or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. The materials at this Site are copyrighted and any unauthorized use of any materials at this Site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. If you breach any of these Terms, your authorization to use this Site automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed materials.
- You agree to periodically review our Web sites, including the current version of our Refund Policy. Our refund policy is made available on our Web sites. It is your obligation to review our refund policy for any such revisions. By continuing access to and using this website, you are therefore deemed to unconditionally accept the Terms.
- Shinetown Telecom periodically schedules system downtime for maintenance and other purposes. Unplanned system outages also may occur. Shinetown Telecom shall have no liability whatsoever for the resulting unavailability of the Site or for any loss of data or transactions caused by planned or unplanned system outages or the resultant delay, misdelivery, nondelivery of information caused by such system outages, or any third party acts or any other outages of web host providers or the Internet infrastructure and network external to the Site.
Terms & Conditions For Calling Card and Consumer Products not listed under the website.
- Refer to http://www.chatchat.com.sg/terms.asp.
Terms & Conditions For IDD1526
A. Consumer Plan
- Customer must be a minimum of 21 years of age, not a bankrupt and is capable of being bound by the obligations arising from the use of the Shinetown Telecom services.
- If the Customer is a Singaporean/PR below 21 years old, or a foreigner holding an Employment Pass, S-pass, Work Permit, Student Pass or any other kind of Social Visit Pass holder to Singapore, Shinetown Telecom will require a S$100 security deposit from him/her. The deposit is refundable upon the termination of the service and after clearing all outstanding balance.
- The S$100 security deposit (if applicable) will be waived for customer who designate a credit card for monthly payments. The expiry of designated credit card must have a minimum validity period of six months. Terms and conditions for Payment by credit card are stipulated below.
B. Business Plan
- Customer must be incorporated/formed/registered in Singapore and satisfy any other criteria set by Shinetown Telecom from time to time.
- Customer must produce, if it is a corporate, the copy of its Certificate of Incorporation and if it is a sole proprietorship or a partnership, the Certificate of Registration issued by the Registry of Business and Companies.
- Customer must produce its business stamp and signature of the authorized personnel at the copy of its sign up form of any of Shinetown Telecom’s services.
C. International Roaming Plan
- A minimum contractual period of six (6) months applies.
- Payment by cheque should be crossed and made Payable to Shinetown Telecom (S) Pte Ltd.
- Customer is required to submit an “Application Form for the Inter-bank GIRO” (subject to banks’ approval) for using inter-bank GIRO payment method. Shinetown Telecom will obtain the Customer’s authorization from the relevant bank prior to any usage.
- In the event that due to insufficient funds in the Customer’s bank account, or, for whatsoever reason that Shinetown Telecom is unable to deduct the amount payable using Inter-bank GIRO, the Customer is required to settle the amount payable through means of cash, bank draft or cheque in Singapore dollar drawn on a bank in Singapore, or by other means within 7days from the informed date by Shinetown Telecom. S$0.50 will be charged to the Customer for each unsuccessful Inter-Bank GIRO transaction.
- A written cancellation notice to Shinetown Telecom is required 7 days in advance should the Customer intend to terminate the GIRO authorization. Customer will continue to be responsible for any outstanding payable.
- Under the Customer’s agreement, charges made with Shinetown Telecom’s services will be subject to the same terms & conditions governing the Customer’s credit card account.
- Customer is personally liable for all Shinetown Telecom’s service charges that are not covered by this authorization (e.g. credit card becomes invalid). Should Shinetown Telecom is unable to deduct the amount payable with the designated credit card company for whatsoever reason, the Customer shall agree to settle the amount payable through means of cash, bank draft or cheque in Singapore dollar drawn on a bank in Singapore, or by other means within 7 days from the informed date by Shinetown Telecom.
- A deduction may be made to Customer’s credit card every time an amount equal to or in excess of S$100 is charged to Shinetown Telecom’s services. Such deduction shall be of the amount payable incurred at the time of deduction. Shinetown Telecom shall also make a deduction to Customer’s credit card on a monthly basis for the monthly outstanding amount payable.
- In the event that the Customer’s card is stolen, lost, expired, or, terminated for any reason, the Customer needs to inform Shinetown Telecom for other payment arrangement. In addition, a written cancellation notice to Shinetown Telecom is required 7 days in advance when the Customer intends to terminate credit card authorization. In all cases, the Customer will continue to be liable for any outstanding amount payable.
S.A.M MACHINES (by Singpost)
- Payment made via S.A.M will be updated the next working day.
- Shinetown Telecom will not be responsible for any delay of transactions resulted from the services provided by Singpost.
WEB ONLINE PAYMENT
- By login to the Customer’s online account with Shinetown Telecom, the Customer can make payment using credit card for any oustanding amount payable.
- All terms on credit card applied.
E. Charges, Billing and Invoices
- The per-minute rate and charging block applicable for each call shall be that as determined by Shinetown Telecom from time to time, which is subject to change without notice to the Customer or any one else.
- Charging commences as soon as call is answered, regardless of the followings, (i) whether the call is answered by man, machine or otherwise; and (ii) if the call is answered by man, the identity of the person answering such call.
- Promotional Credit/ Referral Credit given to the Customer are only to be used to offset any outstanding amount. Credit given are not entitled to encashment.
- Customer may receive an interim bill when Shinetown Telecom deems the traffic charges as exceptionally high. Customer will have to make payment within 7 days of the issued date of the interim bill. Customer with GIRO and credit card as payment mode will have the outstanding payable amount stated in the interim bill deducted within 5 days of the issued date.
- Shinetown Telecom may not send the bill if the total amount is lower then S$10.00. The unbilled charges will be carried forward to the next bill with full details shown. A bill will however be sent to the Customer at least once every three months regardless of the accumulated charges.
- Any value-added services will be charged as per indicated in the Service Plan section.
- Customer will have to make the payment before the due date. Should the Customer failed to make payment or Shinetown Telecom failed to charge to the Customer’s credit card or inter-bank GIRO on the outstanding payable amount, a reminder will be sent and a late fee of minimum S$5.00 or 1% of total outstanding will be charged to the Customer.
- In the event of charges dispute, a 14-day time window period is provided upon receipt of billing statement for the Customer to submit written notification to receive attention. It can be faxed to 6887 4556 or mailed to 38 Jalan Pemimpin, #06-07 M38, Singapore 577178, failing which the Customer shall agree to accept the amount in the bill as true and correct and thus shall be liable to make payment before due date.
- Shinetown Telecom will deliver or email our invoices and any other notices to the most recent address that the Customer has provided. Shinetown Telecom may assume that any such invoice or notice has been delivered 5 days after posting them.
- Any request to do a resend of invoices will be charged at $0.50 per page or a minimum of $5.00 for invoice printed.
- Customer is obligated to inform us if there is a change of service and/or billing address. Customer will need to write to us 7 days before the changes to ensure that there is no interruption to the continued supply of our service and billing.
- Shinetown Telecom reserves the right to impose a pre-agreed credit limit(Consumer Plan – $200.00, Business Plan – $500.00) on the Customer’s account. Should the Customer failed to make payment by the due date 2 months in a row, the credit limit may be altered by Shinetown Telecom.
F. Suspension and Termination
- The Customer agrees that if at anytime he/she exceeds the credit limit and/or payments is not made on time, Shinetown Telecom will have the right to suspend the provision of our services to the Customer. All costs and expenses incurred by Shinetown Telecom as a result of the suspension and any recommencement shall be payable by the Customer upon demand.
- The Customer shall pay an administrative fee (25% of the total outstanding payable amount) to Shinetown Telecom in the event that Shinetown Telecom employs legal or other means to collect payment of any outstanding mount payable from it.
- The service, once suspended, may only be reinstated if Shinetown Telecom, in its sole discretion, deem it fit to do so. The Customer shall pay to Shinetown Telecom such sums as Shinetown Telecom may require for the reinstatement of the service.
- A written notification 7 days in advance to Shinetown Telecom is required from the Customer to terminate any subscribed services. Customer shall pay the outstanding amount for the service 7days from the termination date.
- Shinetown Telecom reserves the right to terminate any services to the Customer with written notification. Customer shall be liable to pay the outstanding amount 7 days from the termination date.
- On the termination of the contract with the Customer, Shinetown Telecom will cease to continue to provide any service to the Customer. Any outstanding amount will immediately become due and payable.
- Shinetown Telecom shall terminate the Account if it has been inactive for more than one year. The termination notice will be sent to the Customer via post or email.
- If the Customer failed to meet any of the responsibilities under this contract Shinetown Telecom may suspend or disconnect the Customer from our network and may also terminate the contract with the Customer for this or any other services as provided by Shinetown Telecom.
- Shinetown Telecom shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered or claimed to have been suffered, by the Customer on or following the termination of these services.
- There are no refunds of free minutes at the termination of an account.
- The customer shall have no right to any refund for payment made for our products and/or services. However, in instances where the customer feels that a refund is justified, the Customer must submit a written request for refund. Please provide the following details together with your request, unless otherwise stated, (i)name and contact number, (ii)transaction identification number, (iii)reasons for cancellation or refund. All requests submitted are subject to approval on a case to case basis.
General Points To Note for All Services
- Shinetown Telecom reserves the rights to approve or reject any application for our services.
- The agreement shall be governed by & contracted in accordance with the laws of Singapore. The parties irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore.
- Information is correct at time of printing, and subject to change without prior notice.
- Shinetown Telecom shall comply with IDA’s “Code of Practice for Competition in the Provision of Telecommunication Services”.
- Shinetown Telecom may suspend or restrict a service whenever we, another carrier or another appropriate person considers such action necessary or reasonable to protect persons, systems or other property.
- The service performance by Shinetown Telecom of the Service is subject to suspension, variation, cancellation or determination by Shinetown Telecom by reason of war, riots, natural disasters, lock-up or any other causes beyond Shinetown Telecom’s control. In the event of suspension, variation, cancellation or determination of the Services arising from any such cause, Shinetown Telecom shall not be liable for any damages (whether direct, indirect, special, consequential, incidental or otherwise), including, without limitation, damages for loss profits or business resulting or arising from such suspension, variation, cancellation or determination.
- Shinetown Telecom makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the Services provided hereunder and expressly disclaims any warranty of merchantability, description or fitness for any particular purpose or function.
- Shinetown Telecom also excludes all other liabilities for acts or omissions by directors, our employees, agents, representatives, contractors, and us. This includes both direct and indirect losses, including loss of profits, loss of revenue and loss of any opportunity.
- The Customer shall use Shinetown Telecom’s Services in accordance with the directions given and Shinetown Telecom shall not be liable for any losses, damages, claims, liabilities, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by the Customer resulting from the failure by the Customer to do so. The Customer shall indemnify Shinetown Telecom from any losses, damages, claims, liabilities, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) and expenses suffered or incurred by Shinetown Telecom as a result of or arising from the misuse or wrongful usage of any services provided by Shinetown Telecom.
- In no event shall Shinetown Telecom be liable to the Customer or any third party for (i) any loss of revenue, profits savings, business or goodwill, and (ii) punitive, exemplary, proximate, consequential, or incidental damages and expenses of any type or nature suffered or incurred by the Customer or any third party as a result of or arising from any breach or default by Shinetown Telecom of the terms and conditions hereunder and the provision of the Services.
- Shinetown Telecom’s decision is final pertaining to all issues of any promotions.
- Shinetown Telecom reserves the right to change all Terms and Conditions of any promotion or any part thereof from time to time.
- Customer whose account exceeds 90 days payment are liable to have their Services interrupted, suspended or terminated.
- Interruption, suspension or termination of Services does not relieve the Customer of the obligation to pay all outstanding amounts. The customer agrees to pay Shinetown Telecom all its reasonable expenses, including attorney and collection agency fees, in enforcing its rights under these terms and conditions.
Shinetown Telecom will provide customer and technical support during our customer service operating hours between,
Monday to Friday 9:00am-6:00pm
(Except public or company declared holidays)
Telephone: +65 6838 1526
Facsimile : +65 6887 4556
Any request during other hours, please email email@example.com to receive attention.
- All Customer’s information held by us will be at our office at 38 Jalan Pemimpin, #06-07 M38, Singapore 577178.
- This information may be used by our contractors, agents and representatives, partners, other carriers and for credit reporting and debt collection agencies for the purposes of our business.
- This information may be used by our contractors, agents and representatives, partners for broadcasting news or promotions. Customer may unsubscribe to the broadcasting by replying “UNSUB” to the SMS, email or by writing to us.
Assignment and Delegation of Responsibilities
- Any delay in exercising our rights will not mean that Shinetown Telecom have waived or given up our rights.